Wednesday 11 January 2012

Thank god I found the good in goodbye.....

The last couple of months I haven't really been myself. Mostly because of a bad breakup, a break up some would say should have happened a very long time ago. Break ups are hard right? you get so used to being with the same person for such a long period of time then you have to suddenly get used to being without them and becoming this "I" where it used to be "we". I am  a big believer "Everything Happens For A Reason" and I guess this happened for a perfect reason, I needed to become a stronger person on my own. Its made me wonder at what point in a persons life do they actually realise that being single doesn't always mean your lonely, or unattractive, or fat. It just means your far too strong to rely on somebody else for your own happiness. The single life isn't so bad, I've surrounded myself with beautiful friends and amazing opportunities that I would never have had in a relationship, when I graduate I plan to travel for 12 months doing amazing work in Thailand and Africa. I am unbelievably thankful, to the friends and family that supported me recently, I would never have got through any of this without them. I guess as long as you have good friends, and a supportive family you have everything in life you need, a relationship is just a bonus. I wouldn't ever rule a relationship out (nobody wants to die alone Johnson:2011), but at the minute I am perfectly content as I am.Your only young once as my grandma says, live your life, there's plenty of time for settling down when you've done everything you want to in life, fool around for a bit. I suppose now is the time to make mistakes, because I have plenty of time to correct them. Do ridiculous things with my friends, go on crazy road trips, girls holidays, drunken nights out. The most important thing I learnt in all of this is you only live once, if I died tomorrow would I be happy with my life so far, or would I think Laura,you could of done so much more! 
So 2012, and the rest of my young years; I am going to do everything I ever dreamt of as a little girl. That's what they're there for right.
Laura xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment