Sunday 29 January 2012

Selfish, or just tired of putting everybody first.

I am such a maternal person, all I've ever wanted to do is look after people and put them first. The last couple of weeks though I've been a bit selfish, I've been told that I put too much effort into looking after others and in return I don't look after myself enough and then I end up poorly and run down. So I didn't stop caring about other peoples problems, I just started caring more about my own and I've seen such a difference in myself since. I've been happier in so many different ways and so much has happened the last couple of weeks. I think this year really could be mine after the rubbish year I had last year. I still feel bad though because I feel selfish for putting myself first so much, but if I'm not happy how can I help anyone else to be happy? I'm glad that I have such beautiful and understanding friends who see this change as only a positive thing and like the new happy me :) I like not having to rely on anybody else for my happiness. For the first time in a while I am completely happy with myself and I hope it stays this way for a very long time :) 
Laura 
xoxo 

2 comments:

  1. Taking care of ourselves is something that can be tough to learn in life. I'm really happy for you that you've already caught on and seem to be making good strides with it. It's something that's bringing me great happiness as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exactly the same way! I love your blog & I'm a newbie to Blogger, so if you don't mind, would you consider following me? :)
    Thanks so much & keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete