Wednesday 11 January 2012

Sex Addiction or Sexual Leach



Jeff Leach has recently been thrown into the public eye for his "sex addiction". The term addiction is defined as something a person needs, cannot go a single day, maybe even in extreme cases a few hours without. So is his approach to women and sex  pure chauvinism or is it a medical addiction he has no control over a medical addiction. I watched his appearance (some may say performance) on This Morning where he painted himself to be an innocent little boy who feared femininity and love and put his behaviour down to addiction and the fact he was scared to fall in love. He said this was because in his younger years he had been left heartbroken and devastated by relationships and couldn't leave the past behind. He refers to his need for this huge amount of sex as a craving of the affection and attention he received in such relationships. However watching his documentary I see a very different side to Leach, I see a man who is bold and open about the amount of girls he has taken advantage of and used. He openly stands on a stage in front of hundreds of people and makes jokes about the women he has had sexual relations with, and his "addiction" for sex. What do we think of this bloggers? Is this man "sick" is it a medical condition that he cannot obtain control over? Or is he just an arrogant, selfish man whose brains are in his pants (which are not on very often considering he's slept with over 300 women). 

2 comments:

  1. A Sex Addiction? Is there really such a thing or has the media created way too many excuses for men like Leach who have no shame? Sex is an urge which can be controlled by human beings, this is what differentiates us from more primitive animals...to be a dick about a personal choice one makes and stick a label like "addiction" on it is absurd. If I were suffering from a real addiction I would be offended by the fact that it is being thrown around so lightly...

    I really liked this post, made me a little angry but I'm happy you decided to write about it :D

    Anca
    http://coralista-xo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It made me angry too, that's why I chose to write about it. I don't know how men and some women too to be fair can act this way and think its acceptable.
    If you find my blog interesting please could you recommend it to other bloggers because I'm new to this so I'm trying to gain followers :) thankyou
    xo

    ReplyDelete